Why Update Your Bedroom Design?
If you are building or remodeling, you’ll be happy to know that modern designs for master bedrooms in 2018 are making a move toward functionality, all the while keeping relaxation in mind. If you follow the following guidelines, you’ll have a space that is as useful as it is relaxing!
More and more people report that they use their bedrooms for multiple purposes. It’s said to be our sanctuary – a place to get away from it all. If that’s the case, we should be able to do exactly what we want in that space! Home remodelers like Kansas City Bathroom Remodeling are showing homeowners how they can make the bedroom a multipurpose room suited for all of the following activities:
- Watching television
- Checking social media, playing games, or surfing the web on a device
- Talking on the phone
- Listening to music and podcasts
- Spending quality time with family members
Quiet and relaxation are proven to promote health. Life moves faster and faster, so your bedroom may be the only place you actually get to unwind and recharge. Believe it or not, the overall aesthetics of a room can make it more or less comfortable. Here are a few ways you can increase the comfort within your modern bedroom in order to get a more restful night’s sleep:
- Decorate with luxurious fabrics. A mixture of textures and materials will create visual interest, making the room as beautiful as it is relaxing!
- Use soothing shades on the walls, floor, and for the bed and curtains. Soft, saturated colors are best for this purpose.
- Create a spa-like environment with sound machines and relaxing scents such as vanilla or lavender. This will help you ease into sleep as you relax before bed, and it will also soothe you while you sleep.
There are a few major design features you’ll see trending in 2018. The good news is that they are no-nonsense and easy to recreate in your own home!
- Simple – Less is more has always been a sentiment that rings true with a modern home design, so it’s no surprise that a sleek, simplistic approach to master bedroom design has again made a comeback.
- Comfortable – Making your room comfortable includes everything from custom-built furniture that’s the perfect height and size for your needs to a reading nook or work station for studying or work from home.
- Lavish – What’s a bedroom without cozy blankets and soft throw pillows? You can also create a minimalistic yet luxurious master bedroom with blackout curtains or a fabric-covered feature wall.
- Highly Customized – Companies like Kansas City Bathroom Remodeling can build furniture and storage that is designed to meet the specific needs of the homeowner. The most modern master bedrooms are one-of-a-kind!
If your master bedroom is in need of an update, call Kansas City Bathroom Remodeling, and we’ll work with you to determine which of these latest trends will work best for your home!