Kansas City Remodeling serves Gardner, Merriam, Mission Woods, Westwood Hills and many more suburbs of Kansas City, and we talk with customers daily who have very different ideas about how they want their bedrooms to look. To each his own is what we say! We can help anyone achieve the bedroom of their dreams, including helping them choose the perfect paint color.
- Blue – One of the most relaxing colors, blue can help you get more sleep lowering heart rate and blood pressure. Not surprisingly from a color that mimics the sky and the ocean, sleeping in a blue room will help you wake up calm and happy.
- Yellow – Yellow is another color that aids sleep, despite how sunny and bright it is. This color encourages the body to relax because it stimulates the nervous system, and yellow is a color that makes any room feel cozy, especially in a light shade.
- Green – A green bedroom will make you wake up feeling energetic and positive, according to research. Choose an earth tone green for the maximum effects of this color.
- Metallics – A silver or gold hue on the walls is soothing, even in a modern, minimalistic bedroom. People who sleep in a room that has metallic tones also feel motivated upon waking.
- Gray – Although a shimmery silver may be great for your sleep, studies show that people who sleep in gray bedrooms actually spend more time than on their devices in bed. Too bad since gray has become the new neutral for many homes!
- Orange – Another surprise here, orange actually relaxes the body and soothes the digestive system, helping sleepers drift off easier, even after overeating.
- Purple – If you love purple, you might want to consider using it in some other room besides the bedroom! A stimulating color that keeps the mind active, it’s one of the worst for hours of sleep per night.
- Brown – While a taupe or tan might feel cozy and romantic, dark brown tends to make people feel isolated and have restless sleep, so go for a lighter shade of brown rather than a darker one.