Plans for Installing a New Shower?
Here are a few of the coolest showers we’ve seen to get your creative juices flowing!
- Open floorplan with showerhead in the middle – This is a neat idea for large showers. A tower in the middle of the shower would house the showerhead (or multiples) and hidden storage of bottles and other bath supplies can be built in to the tower, keeping the walls and floor clear and neat.
- Glass wall facing the outside – For a second-floor bathroom, this design is stunning. It gives you a fantastic view any time of day, and it’s easy to maintain privacy with a simple shower curtain.
- Showers with seating – This idea never gets old, and it’s constantly being reinvented. Movable benches and built-in seating are a useful in a variety of situations, and they can make your shower a truly tranquil experience.
- Spa shower with rainfall showerhead and adjustable body jets – There’s nothing more relaxing than a full-body massage, and when you have these features in your shower, you can have one every single day!
- Showers with plants – A great touch for a minimalistic bathroom or for people who just love plants is to add built-in planters in the shower. There’s an instant water supply, and a skylight or windows will offer all the sunlight they need to thrive.
- Freestanding showers – Because of plumbing restrictions, it’s always been the easiest thing to place showers and bathtubs against the wall. A shower in the middle of the room is an eye-catching feature whether it’s made of transparent or opaque glass or some other material, such as stone.
- Walk-in stone shower – These showers resemble caves, and they’re a private way to bring the outside in. You and your designer can incorporate other earthy elements like wood in a design like this to round it out. It’s a good alternative for people with mobility issues who want to avoid an institutional-like bathroom.
- Bedroom/bathroom combo – It’s not for everyone, but those who are short on space or just trying to keep things simple may really like the idea of a bathroom inside their bedroom. Most of us have a master bath just off the bedroom anyway, and they are our most private areas of our home, so it’s a fun idea to try out if you’re looking for an interesting way to manage your space.
- Outdoor shower with glass doors – We love the idea of an outdoor shower or shower/tub combo, but it isn’t practical for every season. That’s why we recommend adding glass doors so that you can enjoy the outdoors when weather permits but close it up and heat the area when things get chilly.
When you’re ready to go for something really bold, call Kansas City Bathroom Remodeling to discuss your dream bathroom, and we’ll help you design it!